In order to design an ideal kitchen layout for the client, Caterquip teamed up with Royalblue’s general manager and executive chef to better understand their requirements. There are many considerations when designing a commercial kitchen layout, including:
– Maximising floor space
– Ensuring there is enough room for staff to work around equipment
– Dividing the space into areas for preparation, cooking, and washing up
– Allocating space for any fixed facilities such as walk-in cold storage rooms
– Calculating ventilation systems and air intake
– Calculating gas, electric and waste requirements
Armed with a tape measure, pencil, and paper, the team measured every inch of the site and produced a series of potential designs. Once the client was happy and the final design decided upon, we marked out the areas to the correct measurements on the floor in preparation for the next stage.